The aim of this course is to develop an understanding of the screenwriting process and an introduction to directing. Learners explore how to generate an intellectual and emotional response in the audience through learning the art of careful plotting and planning. Learners are exposed to basic screenwriting guidelines for developing a short screenplay. Various genres are discussed.
What will I learn?
- Develop a story, through characters, plot, and dialogue
- Identify key genres and evoke an emotional response from the audience
- Identify plot and character
- Write a short genre-based script
- Correctly apply the stylistic conventions of screenwriting
- Critically analyse the screenwriting process
- Pitch an idea for a short screenplay
- Explores an introduction into directing focusing on the following heading: director interprets, directors prepares and directors