This course explores the art of storytelling. Students will learn methods for writing an engaging and riveting script as well as how to format this into a successful screenplay. Students discover how to produce a solid script from a structural point of view, and then move on to building and creating characters that will capture an audience.
What will I learn?
- Describe storytelling in history.
- Identify the basic storytelling plots.
- Define and create the protagonist of a story.
- Define and create the antagonist of a story.
- Build a layered character with a complete backstory.
- Differentiate between story and plot.
- Identify and utilise the three-act structure.
- Understand front-page editing.
- Understand the paragraphs and heading of the script.
- Know the difference between an overwritten and a correct scene description.
- Be able to write and edit with ease.
- Make use of beats within a script to direct the reader.
Tuition Fee: R 7 000