Higher Certificate in Game Design and Production programme equips students with the knowledge and practical skills to create games with a strong focus on technology and creativity. The curriculum aims to contribute to the growth, quality and competitiveness of the graduates entering the African and international gaming industries.
What will I learn?
- Game studies: storytelling and game theory
- Digital imaging: creating 2D imagery
- Scripting: coding for games
- UI design: enhancing the game-user experience
- Game production: understanding the basics
- Asset design: building digital models/props
- Introduction to game engines
How will the programme run?
- The theory part of the programme is online learning (done by yourself from the comfort of home)
- When a module requires a practical component you have the opportunity to book studio time at a campus nearest to you, or alternatively make use of your own studio or a private industry studio.
- The Campuses are open in the evenings Tuesday – Thursday from 6pm – 9pm, and Saturday from 9am – 4pm.
- The practical modules require applied studio time of 2.5 – 3 hrs per week.
- Technical artist
- Games developer
- Story Writer (games)
- Game World Editor
- Digital media producer
Tuition Fee and Software Requirements:
Tuition Fee Per year: R32 900
When comparing our fees with other institutions, please use the Tuition Fee as the comparison, knowing that you will additionally require all the software to successfully complete this qualification. Software pricing could fluctuate due to changes in the exchange rate.