Higher Certificate in Digital Film Production is designed to provide students with experience in the many facets of digital film production, fostering creative confidence and artistic independence within a hands-on learning environment.
The programme covers the technical and creative components of digital film making including: conceptualisation, screenwriting, project development, digital camera operation, lighting, production management, directing, editing, sound design, motion graphics and VFX. In creating their own projects, students develop the necessary skills to become film makers.
What will I learn?
- Screenwriting & Adaptions
- Production Management
- Motion Graphics & Visual Effects
- TV Commercial Production
- Documentary Production
- Narrative film production
- Multicam Production
- Film Studies
How will the programme run?
- The theory part of the programme is online learning (done by yourself from the comfort of home)
- When a module requires a practical component you have the opportunity to book studio time at a campus nearest to you, or alternatively make use of your own studio or a private industry studio.
- The Campuses are open in the evenings Tuesday – Thursday from 6pm – 9pm, and Saturday from 9am – 4pm.
- The practical modules require applied studio time of 2.5 – 3 hrs per week.
- Camera operator
- Lighting operator
- Assistant Director
- Boom Operator
- Compositor and Visual Effects Artist
Tuition Fee and Software Requirements:
Tuition Fee: R32 900
The following software will be required for the successful completion of the programme and needs to be acquired by the student. The software has an estimated cost of R8 000 per year and can be purchased directly from the supplier’s web portal.
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Suite
When comparing our fees with other institutions, please use the Tuition Fee as the comparison, knowing that you will additionally require all the software to successfully complete this qualification. Software pricing could fluctuate due to changes in the exchange rate.