R38,900 per year
Bachelor of Arts in Sound Production curriculum addresses the art, science and technology of sound production across a wide range of applications; from music recording, to sound production for film and television and live concert sound. Each sub-discipline of sound production is covered in detail, in order to ensure that all graduates have the theoretical and practical skills required to be able to work in the global entertainment and music space. In addition to the essential skills and knowledge enquired from a sound engineer/producer, students are continuously exposed to the pertinent values, attitudes and qualities expected from an industry professional. Graduates will be able to function effectively and make a meaningful contribution to the sound industry and society, using this qualification.
What will I learn?
- Analogue & digital: theories & workflows
- Multi-track recording
- Microphone theory and techniques
- Signal processing and effects
- Mixing & mastering techniques
- Signal flow
- Electronic music production
- Music styles, history & music theory
- Music production techniques
- Live sound reinforcement
- Business, legal and marketing studies
- Sound for film and TV
How will the programme run?
- The theory part of the programme is online learning (done by yourself from the comfort of home)
- When a module requires a practical component you have the opportunity to book studio time at a campus nearest to you, or alternatively make use of your own studio or a private industry studio.
- The Campuses are open in the evenings Tuesday – Thursday from 6pm – 9pm, and Saturday from 9am – 4pm.
- The practical modules require applied studio time of 2.5 – 3 hrs per week.
- Studio Sound Engineer
- Mix Engineer
- Live Sound Engineer
- Studio Assistant
- Production Assistant
- Audio Post Production Engineer
- Mastering Engineer
- Music and Dialogue Editor
- Location Recordist
Tuition Fee and Software Requirements:
Tuition Fee Per year:
- 1st Academic year: R38 900
- 2nd Academic year: R38 900
- 3rd Academic year: R38 900
The following software will be required for the successful completion of the programme and needs to be acquired by the student. The software has an estimated cost of R12 000 per year and can be purchased directly from the supplier’s web portal.
- Ableton Live 11 Suite
When comparing our fees with other institutions, please use the Tuition Fee as the comparison, knowing that you will additionally require all the software to successfully complete this qualification. Software pricing could fluctuate due to changes in the exchange rate.