R38,900 per year
Bachelor of Arts in Film Production explores all the creative and technical elements of digital film-making, with an emphasis on developing practical skills in pre production, production, post-production and distribution. Throughout the 3-year programme students will gain proficiency in the many departments that make up the production process, learning within an innovative and hands-on environment that boosts their creative confidence and artistic independence.
Through the completion of a range of creative media projects, students get a high level of practical experience. On completion of the Degree, they will have acquired holistic knowledge of the film industry, and be prepared with the skills and knowledge needed to embark on an exciting career.
What will I learn?
- Producing, Finance and Distribution
- Commercial productions
- Narrative Film
- Music Video
- Sound for Picture
- Production Design
- Digital Imaging
- Motion Graphics & Visual Effects
- Film Studies
How will the programme run?
- The theory part of the programme is online learning (done by yourself from the comfort of home)
- When a module requires a practical component you have the opportunity to book studio time at a campus nearest to you, or alternatively make use of your own studio or a private industry studio.
- The Campuses are open in the evenings Tuesday – Thursday from 6pm – 9pm, and Saturday from 9am – 4pm.
- The practical modules require applied studio time of 2.5 – 3 hrs per week.
- Video editor
- Visual effects Artist
Tuition Fee and Software Requirements:
Tuition Fee Per year:
- 1st Academic year: R38 900
- 2nd Academic year: R38 900
- 3rd Academic year: R38 900
The following software will be required for the successful completion of the programme and needs to be acquired by the student. The software has an estimated cost of R8 000 per year and can be purchased directly from the supplier’s web portal.
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Suite
When comparing our fees with other institutions, please use the Tuition Fee as the comparison, knowing that you will additionally require all the software to successfully complete this qualification. Software pricing could fluctuate due to changes in the exchange rate.